What is Split Testing?
Split Tests (A/B Tests) allow you to test different versions of a landing page to see which one(s) perform better. Split tests are a great way to optimize your landing pages by figuring out what works and putting more of what works on your website.
How is this different from setting up a Conversion Report?
It's not really, it just centralizes it to one single Pretty Links, and saves you the work of having to setup a report and create multiple Pretty Links for each A page.
How to setup Split Testing on a Pretty Links:
- Go to “Pretty Links” -> “Pretty Links” and click “Edit” underneath the link you want to Split test, or create a new Link.
- Click “Pro Options” to expand the pro options for this link.
- Choose "Rotation" from the Dynamic Redirection dropdown
- Setup the Target URL Rotations for this link (These are your A pages).
- Click “Split Test This Link”.
- Select a Goal URL for this split test. You can look at the URL Rotations as your “A” Pages (they just have the same entry point — the Pretty Links URL) and this Goal URL as the “B” Page.
- Hit “Update”.
- To view the report click “Split Test Report” which will now appear directly under this link in the list. Unlike the Pretty Links Conversion reports, you actually have to wait for data to start coming in after you setup your split test — don’t worry you’ll see it start coming in quickly though.