You’ve spent a lot of time and money building your affiliate marketing site, only to hear crickets when your site goes live. This is a frustrating reality for many new affiliate marketers and one that can be difficult to face.
Such a reality, though, can be easily overcome by using the right traffic-driving tactics. These tactics, when used correctly, can bring high-quality traffic to your site, making all the effort you’ve put in worthwhile.
In this post, we’ll discuss the importance of high-quality site traffic. We’ll then introduce you to 4 traffic-driving techniques you can begin to incorporate today. Let’s get started!
Why High-Quality Traffic Is Important for Your Affiliate Marketing Site
In the context of affiliate marketing, high-quality traffic helps you to meet your goals. If it converts (turns into sales), then it’s quality. If it doesn’t convert, then you have some tweaking to do.
As you can imagine, bringing high-quality traffic to your site is much more important than driving non-targeted readers. This is because while traffic numbers may be lower when you focus on targeted traffic, your conversion rates and overall sales will be higher.
In addition, high-quality traffic can do good things for your site’s search engine rankings. Targeted readers are more likely to share your site’s content, increasing backlinks to your website.
4 Tips for Driving High-Quality Traffic to Your Affiliate Marketing Site
With a better understanding of high-quality traffic, let’s take a look at the ways you can drive such traffic to your own website.
1. Offer High-Value Content
You want the content on your site to be thought-provoking and actionable. In fact, that’s the very definition of valuable content. High-value content is important if you want to drive traffic because it will be shared, get discussed, and boost search engine rankings as a result.
If you’re ready, take these steps to ensure you create high-value content every time:
- Answer questions that your target audience is asking. With the help of search engine results and social media searches, you can find the questions that are plaguing your audience.
- Incorporate actionable steps. Provide your reader with a next step, enabling them to take action immediately.
- Use data and real-life examples. Give readers a glimpse of reality to drive the point home.
The process of creating high-value content that attracts your target audience is often over-complicated. In reality, all you need to do is consider what your reader wants, and then deliver it to them.
2. Get Active on Social Media
Social media is a powerful source of highly targeted traffic. After all, in one sense, social media platforms such as Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter are search engines in disguise.
There’s much to be said regarding social media as a traffic source. Here are just a few tips to get you started:
- Limit yourself. Rather than targeting every single social media network out there, limit yourself to a maximum of three (and even just one or two). Focusing your efforts narrowly will better ensure positive results.
- Pick the right platform(s) for your industry. When deciding on a platform (or platforms) for your niche, keep in mind that each platform targets a different demographic and choose accordingly.
- Stick to a consistent posting schedule. This will keep you accountable, as well as help you to grow a steady following.
- Experiment and measure results. With experimentation, you can find the right schedule and style for your audience so you can improve upon your social media strategy.
Of course, the most important rule to follow when using social media to build your brand is to stay consistent. This means continuing to post, engage, and take part, even if results aren't coming as quickly as you'd like.
3. Guest Post on Industry Blogs
As a strategy to grow high-quality traffic, guest posting can do more than drive traffic to your site. It can also help you build a targeted audience.
So, how can you further leverage guest posts to drive traffic to your site? Here are a couple of tips to keep in mind:
- Guest post on blogs with a similar target audience. Blog posts that have a similar focus to your site – even if they're not as big as other blogs – will enable you to target your ideal audience more effectively.
- Add links within your content. Don't be afraid to do a bit of self-promotion. Include links to your own relevant work within the post, and even add one to your author bio (if allowed).
Remember, the content you create is there to provide value. With this as your focus, you can create high-converting guest posts every time.
4. Optimize Your Site’s Links
As an affiliate, you know how important links are to your business. In short, optimizing your links can help to boost their effectiveness.
Link optimization includes the cloaking and shortening of links. This enables you to brand your links, as well as make them easy to remember and share on social media.
Fortunately, there are plugins, such as our very own Pretty Links, that enable you to perform this function from within WordPress.
At this point, all you need to do is add in the target URL (that is, the not-so-pretty affiliate link) and change the Pretty Links to whatever you’d like.
Then, click Create. Now, you can use this link wherever you’d like, and it’s not only easy to remember but also bears the name of your website for branding purposes.
The quality of your site's traffic can make or break your affiliate marketing business. But, as frustrating as it can seem to attract high-quality traffic, there are a number of techniques you can use to improve results and bring in targeted leads.
In this post, we outlined 4 ways to drive high-quality, targeted traffic to your site. To recap:
- Offer high-value content.
- Get active on social media.
- Guest post on industry blogs.
- Optimize your site's links.
Do you have any questions about driving high-quality traffic to your site? Let us know in the comments section below!