With the emergence of online marketing, consumers are seeking advertising and promotion with a more real and personal feel. And that’s where the power of influencer marketing comes in.
With influencer marketing, you can combine your marketing strategy with the authority of community and established trust. When you find the right influencers to add to your roster, you can more easily grow your audience and find new opportunities to convert customers.
In this post, we’ll explore the concept of influencer marketing and talk about how it can be an effective tool for your online business. We’ll also go over a few things you can do to get started.
Did you know that you’re missing out on money? Generate passive income from your content with Pretty Links!
What Is Influencer Marketing?
Influencer marketing is a marketing strategy centered around influencers, or high-level businesses and individuals. One common example of an influencer is a celebrity or popular social media personality who sponsors or endorses a product or service and promotes it on their blog and/or social media profiles.
When it comes to affiliate marketing, influencers can make a huge difference in conversions. When an influencer shares your links with their audience, it can drive increased traffic to your website, boost conversions, and spark new interest in your small business.
How Influencer Marketing Is Helpful
We mentioned a few benefits of influencer marketing above, but here are a few more reasons influencer marketing is a great tool for your online business:
- It Presents Networking Opportunities. Working with influencers can be a great way to build relationships and create more opportunities for business exposure and new connections.
- It Provides Increased Value. When you work with influencers, you can be confident that they’re in tune with what their audiences are interested in and need the most.
- You Have Less Pressure To Create Content. When you have multiple individuals working with you to promote your product or service, you’re often able to use their content or, at least, take inspiration from what they’ve done to craft content for your own site or social media platforms.
What Does An Ideal Influencer Look Like?
Influencers come in many different shapes and sizes, but there are a few universal characteristics among successful influencers:
- Notable Engagement. It’s easy to assume that an influencer with a large number of followers is more successful and effective than one with fewer followers. However, the most important thing to look for when it comes to effectiveness is the level of engagement. Regardless of numbers, if someone has a high level of engagement, they’re much more likely to convert customers.
- Consistency. Any worthwhile influencer will be consistent, both in the quality and quantity of their content. Does their content match your business’ aesthetic? Are their posts authentic and consistent? Are they active and engaged?
- Trust. Has the influencer established trust with their followers? If an influencer’s audience hasn’t demonstrated trust in them through engagement, why would they purchase or interact with anything the influencer shares or endorses? Without trust, promotions mean nothing.
- Fewer but Higher Quality Sponsorships. The most successful influencers have companies coming at them all the time for endorsements, but they don’t say yes to every single one. A wise influencer is aware that they have to be strategic and will only pick deals that align with their values and that of their audience.
Key Tips To Attract Influencers
It can feel intimidating and difficult to reach out and grab the attention of influencers, but there are a few key things you can do to inspire influencers to work with you.
- Make Sure Influencers Match Your Brand and Values. Before you reach out to any influencer, be sure that particular individual or business aligns with your brand and its goals. The best way to set your affiliate partnerships up for success is to ensure that a potential partner’s beliefs, work ethic, and values align with yours.
- Be Professional. Influencers are working people too, and they’re extremely busy. So always approach them in a professional manner. If possible, send emails not direct messages. And don’t write long emails; keep things short and sweet. Most importantly, be respectful and complimentary.
- Be Clear About Your Intentions. When you’re pursuing an influencer, be clear about the goals you have for working with them and how they’ll be rewarded. Be sure to include compensation details, promotional goals, and expectations.
- Share Relevant Information. When reaching out to influencers you’re interested in, it’s also wise to provide concise information about your business or brand. Include things like your social media platforms, website, and interviews or articles, so they can learn about you and decide if they would like to work with you.
Take your content to the next level and start bringing in passive income with Pretty Links – get started now!
Influencer marketing can be hugely beneficial to your online business. It can help you gain visibility and build momentum with audiences you may have never been able to reach otherwise.
If you’ll keep the tips and information above in mind, you’ll be well on your way to making more money from your content, reaching a larger and more varied audience, and building better connections.
To learn more about influencers and influencer marketing, read our posts on how to improve your social media presence, how to onboard influencers, and online marketing strategies online businesses should try.
Have you ever practiced influencer marketing? How did it help your business?