Okay, you don’t really want to use this process unless the automatic install process simply doesn’t work for you … If you have a permission issue with your webhost you may need to repeat this process every time there’s a new version of Pretty Links.
Here’s what you do:
- Don’t download pretty link from WordPress at all. I provide pretty link zip files that have Pretty Links pre-installed. Go to this URL: https://prettylinks.com/manual_downloads/ , enter your Username & Password to get to the download page.
- Select the latest version of Pretty Links and Download it.
- Deactivate the Pretty Links Plugin from your WordPress Plugins Page.
- Go to your web server (via FTP, SSH, SFTP, etc) and delete the entire pretty-link folder.
- Unzip the pretty-link file you downloaded from prettylinks.com and upload the folder to your wordpress plugins directory.
- Re-Activate the Pretty Links Plugin from the WordPress Plugins Page.
- Go to “Pretty Links” -> “Pretty Links” and enter your Username & Password to Activate your Pro Features (if they aren’t already there)
Remember, you’ll have to go through these steps every time you update if your webhost doesn’t give you sufficient privileges to write files from your website.
If you have any issues getting the manual install process working for you then please contact me via the Customer Support Form.